Monday, August 24, 2009

Castle Dracula


"He may not enter anywhere at the first, unless there be some one of the household who bid him to come, though afterwards he can come as he please." ~Count Dracula

Illustrated in Deleter #3 Black Drawing Ink with Crow Quill Pen and Brush on Strathmore 9x12 Smooth Bristol Board.

Jonathan Harker's first glimpse of Count Dracula as he enters the castle. The image is inspired by a promotional photo of Max Schrek as Dracula (although called Count Orlok in that film for legal reasons).

I decided to go for the Max Schrek and Klaus Kinski less romantic and seductive version of Dracula for this illustration. Although, I like both the Bela Lugosi and Christopher Lee versions of the character a lot, I wanted to give more of the appearance of a decaying vampyre nobleman locked away in his decaying castle in my illustration of Count Dracula.

Click on the E-Bay link to the left to start bidding :-)

No comments: