I was spoiled last week. This week wasn't nearly as good as the previous week as far as classes were concerned. The students for the most part did good work. I had one student for his age did amazing work!! But there were a couple that were really not that focused, did very little work and were really just distractions for the most part in the class. And I had very little success in getting them to stick to a project.
So yeah!! I was majorly spoiled the week before with a class of 8 to 10 year olds where I could throw out just about anything and they would run with it. These 11 to 13 year olds didn't have nearly as much enthusiasm for the most part. With three or four exceptions to the rule.
It happens from time to time but it's still tiring. I suppose in this case I think the parents had good intentions enrolling their child in my class. But I think what they would have just enrolled the student in one or the other class. The entire day was a bit too much and after lunchtime the attention levels just weren't there and the student would just become a distraction and I got little to no work out of them.
But it wasn't nearly as bad as some classes in the past where I felt like tearing my hair out afterward. Yeah, I've had classes like that.
But the week is over and I have some downtime now to work on projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment