Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy


Illustrated in Deleter #3 Black Drawing Ink with crow quill pen and brush on Strathmore 9x12 Smooth Bristol Board.

Arthur Dent and Marvin the Paranoid Android. Inspired by Douglas Adams's brilliant classic "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy".

I decided to do a composite of Marvin from both the BBC television series and the 2005 movie adaptation. I mean, you couldn't have chosen a better sullen voice than Alan Rickman as Marvin. It seemed like it was tailor made.

I used a bit of the circular look of Marvin for the movie but I absolutely love the bizarre design of the face from the television show. So, I put the two together along with a few of my own ideas here and there.

I made Arthur Dent's hair a bit thinner and more scraggly than his movie alter ego because this is the way I pictured him when I was originally reading the book.

You can bid on it starting at $9.99 by clicking the E-Bay link to your left :-)

No comments: