Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bowling


I don't confess to being a huge fan of bowling. But at the same time I don't hate it. It's one of those things where if everybody decides they want to go bowling one night, you won't drag me to the alley kicking and screaming.

Candlepin I don't particularly care for. Which I suppose is blasphemy seeing that it originated in my 'burb of Worcester Massachusetts. Last time I went candlepin bowling I wrenched my shoulder but good. I know for a fact I wasn't bowling right. There's a whole the way you grip the ball and release point and everything else.

And I really don't have the patience to study the science of candlepin bowling.

That and I suppose I resented candlepin because it was on when they should have been playing Bugs Bunny cartoons. That's enough for a young kid to hate a sport ;-)

With all that said, I do admit I enjoy ten pin bowling. Maybe it's the whole image of Fred Flintstone going all twinkle-toes down the alley before releasing the ball. Or the fact I don't seem to wrench my arm on ten pin who knows.

Which seems kind of odd since the ten pin ball is a lot larger than the candlepin ball. Oh well.

Sydney, John and Melissa and I decided to make a night of it going out to Red Robin for starters and then off to a bowling alley in close proximity of the Red Robin. And I have to admit, I had a great time. And like I said earlier, I'm not a huge fanatic when it comes to bowling.

No comments: