No rest for the wicked!! But the wicked does get a little bit of a breather ;-) I just finished up 19 pages for an upcoming show at Beatniks in Worcester on Tuesday this afternoon. I started working on the illustrations sometime last week. Now that they're all in the can, tonight is a little bit of a calm before the storm. Sydney and I are meeting up with our friends John and Melissa to go out to Red Robin for dinner and then bowling. Not Candlepen, mind you. But good old-fashioned Fred Flinstone on his tippy-toes style Ten Pin Bowling.Tomorrow is when it all begins!!
As I mentioned in my previous blog I will be indeed taking part in the 24 Hour Comic Book Challenge at the Worcester Art Museum. I have my project chosen and what's nice is it's something I'm already 15 pages into. I had thought about just redoing the whole thing but upon looking at the pages, I don't think they're half bad. They need some touching up, but that's pretty simple.
My goal for the Challenge is to at least have the book halfway finished before the 24 Hours is up.
Did I mention the book is around 60 pages total?
So, it's one of these things if I get reach the halfway mark by 3pm Sunday afternoon I'll be happy and it will give me something to work with. However, if I get the entire thing done by the end of the Challenge then I'll be elated!!
That will mean all I will have to do is scan the pages into the computer and start with the lettering that following week.
So, hopefully that will mean I will have a brand new book on the shelves by sometime next year. But I won't get ahead of myself. First I've got to get the pages done. THEN I can start thinking ahead.
I imagine that it will be a earlier than usual bedtime on Sunday because it's up at 5am again on Monday morning for work at the Ben Franklin School.
Then on Tuesday it's the Indie Artist Market at Beatniks on Park Ave. in Worcester MA!! If you haven't been there just yet, Beatniks is a great little place. If you don't like big crowds, it's definitely got a chill atmosphere if you get there early in the night. But if you're all about the nightlife in the Woo, then Beatniks is great to go see a band at.
However, on Tuesday from 6pm till 9pm it's all about art and artists at Beatniks. It's my first time doing the show but from what they told me at the last show I guess a lot of the artists involved did really great!! So, I'm excited!!
And I think it's really great that they are doing shows like this in the area. So, if you've got nothing to do on Tuesday night, stop by and say "Hi!" to Sydney and me. The food there is a cut above the usual bar food and the beers on tap are excellent!!
And the fun doesn't end there. Next Saturday is the beginning of my classes at the Worcester Art Museum!! There is still plenty of time to sign up for both my morning and afternoon classes. There are links to the classes currently available on the toolbar to the left hand sign of your screen. Simply click on the link to the class you wish to sign up for.
There are several more shows coming up in the Fall!! I will keep you posted on them once I get more information!! But I hope to see you at the Comic Challenge and Beatniks :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment