Saturday, November 5, 2011

A list of great beards

I thought after my last two blogs I would lighten the mood a little bit. For those of you who know me every fall I grow a beard. Some of it for warmth and some of it because I love beards. And I am very fortunate to have married someone who likes me with or without a beard.

I have compiled list of some great famous beards that came to mind. I'm sure I missed quite a few but here they are in no particular order...

Orson Welles

W.G. Grace

Theodor "Dr. Seuss" Geisel

Grigori Rasputin

Frank Zappa

Alan Moore

Abraham Lincoln

Jim Henson

Ernest Hemingway

Ulysses S. Grant

John Cleese

Christopher Lee

A-Town Krolikowski

Sir Alec Guinness

Peter Sellers

Edward Gorey

Shel Silverstein

Roger Delgado

Spike Milligan

Graham Chapman

George Harrison

Leon Russell

Jim Morrison

Paul McCartney

John Lennon

Robin Williams

Colonel Sanders

Chuck Jones

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I am of the opinion that a beard is the sweatpants of the fashion world-- a sign that you just don't give a hoot anymore.

I know there is a large majority of people who feel strongly about them-- there's also a large majority of people who go out in public in their pajamas.

Bret M. Herholz said...

Well, sir, while I may not agree with what you say, I'll defend to the death your right to say it ;-)