Sunday, August 18, 2013

Dream projects: YOUNG MEN IN SPATS

 
We all have several projects we would love to adapt either into a graphic novel, film or television series. Right now I'm in the process of reading YOUNG MEN IN SPATS by P.G. WODEHOUSE and I would absolutely love to adapt it either into a television or web series.
 
YOUNG MEN IN SPATS revolves around adventures of the various members of that Diogenese Club for bright young idiots, The Drones Club.
 
I think the stories in the book would lend themsleves to either a web series of short episodes or a 1/2 television series. The stories are silly and the characters are blissfully idiotic. There's nothing but pure enjoyment in Wodehouse's work.
 
In an era where it seems like we're getting choked with more Kardashian and Honey Boo Boo type reality series's or sitcoms that just seem to be developing more and more of a mean streak with the only type of humor the entertainment industry thinks characters that just downright cruel is funny, we really could use Wodehouse's brand light-hearted whimsy more and more.
 
Mr. B's ALL HAIL THE CHAP would be the song I'd choose as the theme song:
 

 
But with Wodehouse's work, I'd have to see securing the rights from literary agent that handles his estate. But it is most certainly on the list.

No comments: