Thursday, August 22, 2013

Peter Capaldi: The Twelfth Doctor

Now that it has been announced that Peter Capaldi will indeed take over the role of the Doctor in Doctor Who, now we have to wait several more months to find out just how his Doc will dress.

I thought I'd have a bit of fun and do my own little concept art of how I would design a costume for his Doctor.

The inspiration for my illustration comes from two different sources. One was a comment made by someone on Facebook that if you were to put a mustache on Peter Capaldi he would look remarkably like Peter Cushing's Dr. Who from the Dalek films. The other source is Capaldi's costume as Professor Marcus from a recent stage adaptation of the film THE LADY KILLERS.

So, I took elements from both those sources and put them together. The cravat, pince nez and fingerless gloves were inspired by Peter Cushing's Dr. Who while the grey button-up long-sleeve cardigan, long black coat and long grey scarf are inspired by Capaldi's Professor Marcus attire.

The walking stick, spats and classic series Sonic Screwdriver my own little additions to the look.

You may also bid on my concept art right now by clicking on the link below:


No comments: