
Illustrated in Deleter #3 Black Drawing Ink with crow quill pen and brush on Strathmore 9x12 smooth bristol board.
This illustration was inspired by the new Doctor Who audio series "Hornets Nest" which stars Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor and Richard Franklin reprising the role of Mike Yates which he played in Jon Pertwee's era. The series is written by the amazingly talented Paul Magrs who wrote my favorite Doctor Who book "Verdigris".
Since the series takes place after the events of "Invasion of Time", I tried to make the Fourth Doctor look and dressed as he was during that time period. I also chose to make Mike Yates appear somewhat similar to how he looked shortly after "Planet of the Spiders".
3 comments:
I thought the actor who played Yates died? Now, if Tom will just go on the small screen as the Doctor...
I had heard in the rumor mill that Tom was suppose to be appearing in the upcoming Doctor Who Children in Need minisode with the other living Doctors. Hopefully this is true because I would love to see what they have up their sleeves.
Hi. I am organising a fanzine dedicated to the output of Doctor Who spin off company BBV. BBV released an audiobook starring Mike Yates and the Fourth Doctor and I was wondering whether I could use your illustration to accompany a review of said audiobook. Please email me on flobbadob_fanzine@hotmail.co.uk with your thoughts/reply. We have a website which you can go on for more information:
http://flobbadobfanzine.blogspot.com/
Thank you
Andrew Myers
Post a Comment