Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fall Classes, events and other things to look forward to ....


Well, no time like the present to start plugging my fall classes. Starting October 9th at the Worcester Art Museum I will be teaching two Saturday Classes. I will be teaching Create a Comic 8 - 10 Years in the morning and Cartooning 11 - 13 Years in the afternoon.

Cartooning and Comic Art Classes fill up fast so sign up today by clicking the links located on the left hand corner of your screen!!

FYI, I'm also going to begin teaching my very first Teen Intensive class on Thursday in the Winter. And it's going to be an animation class which I will allow the students to create a project ranging from Traditional Drawn Animation to Claymation. And even a little Cut-Out Animation thrown in there.

Using the computer to bring their work to life.

And on top of my usual after school art classes, I have a couple really new and exciting things happening in the Fall. One of which is starting work teaching art out at the Benjamin Franklin Classical Charter School out in Franklin MA. I'll be starting that September 13th and ending sometime in March. This will give me an opportunity to do everything I can think of when it comes to cartooning, comic art, storytelling, illustration and traditional animation.

I'm very excited about that.

The other is Art Teas out at Eagle Hill School in Hardwick MA. I'll be chatting with the students that day giving them some of my insight as well as showing them examples of my work.

I'm once again taking part in stART on the Street taking place September 19th (rain date September 26th) from 11am till 5pm. I will be selling copies of the books I have remaining (Sherlock Holmes, Spaghetti Strand Murder and Peculiar Boy have all sold out) as well as original art and signed prints.

And I'm hoping to take part in both a signing out at Friendly Neighborhood Comics in Bellingham sometime in October as well as Boston Comic Con in November. I think there's going to be a November show. I missed both of last year's events. So, I've been itching to take part this year.

Then of course the year wraps up with stART at the Station in December which I do every year as well.

As sorry as I am to see August end because I think this has been the best Summer I can remember, there's a lot to look forward to in the Fall that should hopefully take a little bit of the sting out of the cold weather ;-)

No comments: